[Healeys] Distributor Rotors and No Start

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 04:52:37 MDT 2008

I have Mallory distributors on both my Healeys for about seven  and four
years respectively.  No problems except when a ground wire went  open on one
occasion.  Parts are easy to come by and I carry a spare module  and rotor on long
trips (I never needed to use ether).

The Mr. Gasket website offers lots of good information and here's a link to
the catalogue:

_http://www.malloryperformance.com/pdf/Distributors.pdf_
(http://www.malloryperformance.com/pdf/Distributors.pdf)

Go to the page for British cars--you simply need to decide if you want an
optical (Unilite) or magnetic (Maglite) triggering system and whether you  want
to retain or discard the vacuum advance.  I went with Unilite and no  magnetic
advance.  You'll want the L-4 or L-6 unit depending on how many  cylinders
your car has.

Century Performance and others sell for much less than the prices in the
Moss catalogue.

Best--Michael Oritt

listings at AOL Autos.