[Healeys] Frame and Chassis Support

Mark and Kathy mgtrcars at galaxyinternet.net
Thu Apr 17 02:37:49 MDT 2008

Congrats John,   the hard work is over.  Putting the puzzle back together is
a pleasure
once the rust is gone and the paint is on.  Sounds like your almost there.

To answer your rear axle question.  I don't see why not.  How ever I
wouldn't recommend lashing your king pins and wheels on to the front. ; )
I assume you will be using a hydraulic jack up front, right?

FYI,   A friend of mine  put together a simple wooden box jig with carriage
bolts and   castors.     A couple of  2 x 6 boards,  carriage bolts and
castors, = $20 to $30
tops.    Plenty sturdy enough,  easy to maneuver around by yourself and very
easy to dismantle when your finished.     I would be happy to send a pic or
two since I was lucky enough to inherit the jig.

However,  DO NOT  pull this jig and car down the street to the paint shop
behind your normal car.   Something tells me that all the wheels won't make
it.  Almost needed some EXTRA  body work after that fiasco.  ; (

Mark