[Healeys] One Law in, another out

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 13:59:55 MDT 2008

In a message dated 4/16/08 11:38:23 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> SUBSTANTIALLY amended. No comment yet, but...
> It is worth reading so I am sending you the official link to ponder...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5jlxvk
>
> As my friend and mentor in such matters once said, there's
> two things you never want to see, one is sausage being made,
> the other is laws being negotiated in California.
>
> Cheers!

Good news, but almost incomprehensible. The California Assembly starts off
with a bill to do something regarding smog and older vehicles (I didn't try to
read all the crossed-out words), crosses out everything on the page except the
AB number, and writes another bill to do a review of special vehicle tags with
the possibility of including muscle cars under the definition of "historical
interest."

And, as it now reads, apparently the horseless carriage and historical
vehicle plates is applicableto vehicles manufactured before 1925 with engines having
16 or more cylinders. Ever seen one of those, anyone?

Cheers
Gary