[Healeys] Distributor Rotors and No Start

Jorge Garcia fortee9er at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 11:47:13 MDT 2008

A couple of days ago I finally found the cause of the
no start condition on my BJ8 - that damm rotor. This
is the second rotor failure I have experienced with my
Healey. The stop that locks the rotor to the
distributor shaft looked like it had been chewed off
from the rest of the rotor. BTW this last rotor was
stamped "Made in West Germany".  I ordered a "premium
replacement from Moss that should be here in time to
allow me to take my Healey out this weekend for the
first time this year.
Is the quality of the rotors made for our cars of such
poor quality that I should keep a spare just in case
or is there something wrong with my distributor?
Jorge
1965 BJ8