[Healeys] gas additives

Quinn, Patrick Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 18:48:03 MDT 2008

G'day

The only gas that goes into my Austin-Healey is in the tyres. The
thought of running my Austin-Healey on 91 octane petrol gives me the
willies.

Here in the antipodes we have a choice of 91, 95 and 98 octane. Even
with 98 octane the engine still pings so I always add a combined octane
booster and lubricant.

The worry is that various state governments are legislating the 91
octane fuel must have at least 10% ethanol.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

(Where every young lady looks like Fifi)