[Healeys] Number plate

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 14:50:27 MDT 2008

Keith -
As the BJ8 Registrar, I don't care what number a car is registered with as
long as (if known not to be original) I know how it got that way.  There are
many cars out there now that are using the VIN plate from one car, but
actually have the chassis (with the VIN stamped into it on the shock tower)
of another car.  Knowing the true chassis number helps to account for a car
whose fate would otherwise go unidentified.  As far as I'm concerned,
whatever it takes to get another Healey on the road again is fine.  I'm sure
at least some DMVs would have a conniption about it, though.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA