[Healeys] Number plate

Jim Lesher cleona44 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 08:36:12 MDT 2008

Richard - thanks -  That shock tower number is unique to that location and
does not appear anywhere else on the car? This jensen number was noted on all
jensen production work?
where is this documented? thanks for any clarification you can share with the
group.
jim lesher> From: mayorrichard at hotmail.com> To: pennell at cox.net;
healey.nut at gmail.com; thehealeyguy at gmail.com> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 02:48:28
+0000> CC: healeys at autox.team.net; david.r.altman at altmancompany.com> Subject:
Re: [Healeys] Number plate> > The four digit number stamped on the right side
shock tower is a production> lot number that Jenson used. It is not the VIN.
And this number does not show> up on the Heritage Certificates. Richard Mayor>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008> 22:30:57 -0400> From: pennell at cox.net> To:
healey.nut at gmail.com;> thehealeyguy at gmail.com> CC: healeys at autox.team.net;>
david.r.altman at altmancompany.com> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Number plate> >>
Alan,> > Is that the VIN or the body number???> > Keith Pennell> > > Bob -> >>
> > The vin number on 6-cyl healeys is usually stamped on the right front>
shock> > tower on the flat piece of metal above the spring and below the>
armstrong> > shock. Check there and get back to me. If there's a number there>
you can> > then just recreate your tags from Clark Spares> > > > Alan> > > >>
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Bob Abbott <thehealeyguy at gmail.com> wrote:>
> [...]
thinking its time> > > to> > > take on the project. Trouble is the fire wall>
was cut out when the PO was> > > planning to drop a V8 in it. So I have no>
serial #. The car did come with> > > an> > > engine (Healey six) but not the>
original engine, so I can't even use the> > > engine to try and find the car>
#.> > > My question to the group is: what would be the best way to get a #>
plate> > > for> > > this car so that I can get a title issued. Any
suggestions> would be> > > appreciated> > > Bob>>