[Healeys] Art Astor Collection, MGB Healey

Jim Culp jculpjr at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 07:06:11 MDT 2008

Steve,

I believe that I forwarded a copy of my BMIHT certificate to you.  It confirms my car as HBJ8U/42419G and yes the certificate says MGB- I stand corrected.  As the story goes, my car was purchased in Great Britain by a US serviceman and was ordered in US specification, enjoyed in GB for some time, and then the car returned to the US with the gentleman when his tour ended.

Through some research (don't remember the source) I showed the last BJ8 chassis # as 43025 which may or may not have been for US export.

I would also like to add that my car did indeed have a red primer base originally.  I wonder if going back to that color base for the respray would be beneficial?

Thanks to everyone for responding to my original post- this is the most helpful group I've ever encountered on the web for Healey's.  Cheers!

Jim Culp

sbyers <sbyers at ec.rr.com> wrote: Hi, Bruce -

The chassis number is HBJ8L/41357.  I was told back in 2003 that the car was
being displayed with the claim that it was the last BJ8 imported into the
States, but that is not correct.
I would be interested in any history available on the car, and I need a good
photo of it if you can arrange that.

Thanks,
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666