[Healeys] C'etait un rendez-vous - Bis!

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Fri Apr 11 06:55:47 MDT 2008

Some of you may recall the conversation that we had about this film some year or
two back. I even put my anorak on and calculated average speeds etc (Sad!). This
morning my son drew my attention to this piece on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHn5Q15kalA

It's an interview, made in 2006, with Claude Lelouche about the making of it.
It's in French, but the comments below give the gist of it. The most important
bits (?) are:

(i) It was a 6.9 litre Merc 116 that **he** drove (not Vic Elford or anyone
else) and it wasn't the Ferrari of legend
(ii) that the sportscar sound was dubbed on later ( a very good piece of dubbing)
(iii) he hit 200 kph (125 mph) on the Avenue Foch and 170kph at the left hander
around the Concorde, where he describes the car as being "on the limit", as he
went for the down ramp towards the Louvre. Did he really remember that speed
correctly?

He says that he chose the Merc because of the pneumatic suspension which gave a
smooth ride to permit filming with the bumper-mounted camera.

Peter Dzwig