[Healeys] Starter motor & Pertronix

Dave Russell rusd at sitestar.net
Mon Apr 7 15:29:27 MDT 2008

There are differences in gear reduction starters. Some have a few
alternate bolt holes to allow rotating the starter body in relation to
the mounting nose. Sometimes, non of the options allow mounting without
creating more footwell clearance.

Others like APT have a whole lot of  alternate mounting holes (9
positions) to allow small changes of starter body rotation. There was
only one position that allowed the starter to be mounted without
clearance problems on my BN2.

It spins my high compression engine very quickly with the 35 AH
Westco/Miata sealed battery.

Dave Russell