[Healeys] Motor Didn't Stop, Redeux

Bob Johnson robert.w.johnson at charter.net
Mon Apr 7 13:47:21 MDT 2008

I now know what caused the motor to not stop. You may remember that I was
installing a mechanical brake switch a couple of weeks ago. I did. In order to
have the brake lights come on whenever the pedal was pressed whether the
switch was on or not, I ran from a brown wire coming off the switch to the
mechanical switch and a green wire on the other side of this new mechanical
switch to the green violet wire going to the brake lights. I haven't gone back
and studied the diagram yet, but... if you turn off the engine switch and have
you foot on the brake pedal (mechanical switch activated) the engine will run
until you take your foot off of the brake pedal! I don't think that this will
be an ideal setup.

More later,

Bob Johnson
BJ8