[Healeys] BJ8 overdrive adjusting screw

Freese, Ken Kendall.Freese at Aerojet.com
Mon Apr 7 10:19:07 MDT 2008

On a BJ8 with the enclosed solenoid lever, there is an adjustable stop
screw for the non engaged position of the solenoid plunger lever. The
parts book also shows a rubber tip for this screw. I don't understand
the need for the screw as my solenoid is powerful enough to pull up the
plunger when the lever is resting on the botton of the enclosure. I also
don't understand what the rubber looks like so that it would stay in
place on the end of the screw.
Should I actually have the lever/plunger rest on the end of the screw?
Ken Freese
65 BJ8