[Healeys] Gas Quality

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 08:16:32 MST 2008

I always scratch my head when people say that top tier is marketing.
http://www.toptiergas.com/  Why would five car makers want to market
gasoline?  Last time I checked General Motors doesn't sell gasoline.
Neither does BMW, Honda, Toyota, or VW.
About the pipeline issue, I found this post on page 2 of the corvette forum
interesting:
>>People will believe what they want to believe. I'm an engineer for a major
oil company, and have seen countless >>real engine tests, with huge numbers
of cars and miles, by my company, by other oil companies, and by car
>>companies. Whether you choose to believe it or not, the differences over
the long haul are very, very real. Most >>companies don't choose to show the
data because it would do no good. If you fundamentally don't trust companies
>>in general, and oil companies in particular, you'd simply say the data
were faked. And as far as the "all gas comes >>out of the same pipe" story,
as I've conceded in other posts, there are some areas of the country served
by >>common carrier pipelines where that is true. But it is generally not
true. Of course, I could be faking it too. Maybe >>I'm not an engineer, and
maybe I don't work for an oil company, and maybe I haven't seen the data,
and maybe I'm >>lying. But maybe not.

As far as Shell goes, I don't buy it often, but I will buy it.  Mostly its
Chevron, with some Union 76, Shell as a backup.  Yes Shell did have a
terrible rep back in the day.  BTW check out this Shell ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39uqfnW1wS8