[Healeys] Seats

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Thu Apr 3 10:13:13 MST 2008

Hi Mike,
I can't help you much on #1, I think the car should have steel seat bases
with no holes but I'm sure someone will come to your aid there.
#2 The seat rails should be zinc plated, are you sure that yours are not
just very bright zinc? You can check with the edge of a file. Chrome is very
hard and a file will not go through it easily.
#3 I think you may have the assembly order incorrect here. The nuts are
installed with the tube section upward. They do not contact the asbestos in
any way; in fact there are large clearance holes in the asbestos. A spring
washer and then a flat washer are installed on to the tube section of the
nuts which then pass through the floor, though the tar paper, and through
the wood spacers on t the studs on the runners.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)