[Healeys] Springs again (not Healey, but English)

Russ Staub bbb11489 at azboss.net
Wed Apr 2 10:43:24 MST 2008

Hi all,

Alan's problem with springs reminds me I have a similar problem- rear
leaf springs not coil springs, and for an MGB not an A90.
I recently purchased a '64 MGB.  A previous owner had installed both
sets of leaf springs.  They are brand new, as the part numbers are
clearly visible.  I have verified the part numbers to be from Victoria
British, and they are the appropriate 6 leaf springs indicated for an
early MGB.

Now the problem-  They raise the rear end so high, the exhaust pipe just
touches the bottom of the axle.  I cannot for the life of me, see what
is wrong here, as they appear to be properly installed.  Any present or
former MGB owners out there who can give me a lead on what the problem
might be?  Seems as though they must be somehow improperly mounted, but
it isn't apparent to me how they might be mounted any differently.

TIA,

Russ Staub
'50 A90
'56 BN2