[Healeys] BJ7 & BJ8 Hardtop on Ebay

James Sailer BJ8Healey at msn.com
Fri Sep 21 07:33:45 MDT 2007

I'll be interested to see what this raises.  I bought one of these for my BJ8
directly from Cape and really like it (no financial interest) ... I will be
sticking it back on in November to extend my driving season a bit until the
snow flies here in Idaho ... (thanksgiving is usually my last run around) ...
Cape found a relatively easy way to stow the soft top and fit the hardtop.
You unscrew the front and side wood trim pieces from the soft top and stow the
soft top frame almost all the way and then fold the top-side wood (still
attached to the soft top) onto the front wood (still attached to the soft top)
and then tuck the front/side into the rear top stowage area (under the soft
top metal frame while the last bar is still raised about a foot), fold the
frame the rest of the way down and then tuck the rear side wood pieces in on
the top sides of the stowage area.  It takes a little the first time to figure
this out but after that it takes little time to do.  It took me less than an
hour to remove my hardtop and re-configure the soft top for the summer.  I
suspect it will take me about the same time to reinstall it .. This should
work with any original hard top if the "J" hooks used by the Cape top are used
to hold the hardtop to the hinged area of the soft top frame.  No financial
interests here  .. just like clever things ...and passing them on ...

Jim Sailer
66 BJ8
60 Frogeye - Project in the rough
93 Land Rover Defender 110