[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 1, Issue 182

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 15:09:13 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/14/07 10:25:40 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Thought about it, but there are just about as many people on the list who
> have tried it and gone back to points as have tried it and think it's great.

I don't think that's true; used to be because during the first year of their
manufacture for Healeys there was a high failure rate due to a bad bonding
process between the control box and the base, but that was solved after that
according to an interview I did with them several years ago for British Car
Magazine.
So.... to confirm this, would anyone who has installed a Pertronix in the
past, say, three years and had it operate all right upon initial installation but
then fail later please report that to the list?
Thanks
Gary
(No commercial interest, but I hate to see a good product continue to get a
bad rap due to an initial problem that the maker has resolved.)