[Healeys] Brake Lines

sbyers at ec.rr.com sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Sep 15 15:07:12 MDT 2007

John, I have always used Teflon tape on threaded fittings.  It helps to seal and prevent leaks where needed, and it prevents the threads from corroding together and galling or binding and makes disassembly much easier the next time.  I've used Teflon tape on my Healey for almost 25 years and have never had a problem with it.  Even on flared fittings that don't need the tape to seal, it still helps to make disassembly easier.  As far as I can tell, the stuff is impervious to fuel and DOT 3/4 and DOT 5 silicone brake fluid.

Cons?  Maybe you would lose points in Concours if the tape shows.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC