[Healeys] Speedo question

Jorge Garcia fortee9er at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 11:24:14 MDT 2007

There is something very wrong with the  speedo on my '65 BJ8. It is always inaccurate and it will even register speed when the car is standing still in neutral. I read some of the archived posts and the culprit was a speedo cable of the wrong length or lack of lubrication...etc. Registering speed while standing still in neutral seems odd to me. It also seems to run in tandem with the tach while idling in neutral. I don't bother looking at it while driving I just try to go slower than the rest of traffic.
  Does this sound like the speedo needs to be rebuild or could it be a problem with the speedo cable?
  Thanks in advance for your help.
  Jorge Garcia