[Healeys] White/Black wire

Tom Felts tomfelts at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 14 20:16:33 MDT 2007

Hey Steve---count me as one who thinks Pertronix is the best thing since
sliced bread!!  7/8 years in the Healey and 6 years in the E-Type and both
are going strong.  I, for one, will never go back to points.  The
difference in how the cars run with it vs w/o it is noticable.

tom

first, I was thinking that there are two SEPARATE white/black wires, each
with its own terminal, connected to the coil.  In reality, both wires go
into the same terminal, so at the coil you can't disconnect the wire coming
from the switch without also disconnecting the wire going to the
distributor.

> I do not and have never had a Pertronix on my car.  Thought about it, but
there are just about as many people on the list who have tried it and gone
back to points as have tried it and think it's great.