[Healeys] Restoring Bakelite

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Thu Sep 13 15:19:03 MDT 2007

There's some stuff that you can get called "Back to Black" which is available
for contemporary cars it cleans most of the gunk off the bakeliteon my dashboard
and round the horn(I have used it on my Healey). It comes in a variety of shapes
and forms from cans to wipe on sponges. It also comes from a variety of
manufacturers, but whoever supplies you usual cleaning materials should have it.

Once bakelite degrades though (as opposed to being plain dirty), there isn't a
whole lot you can do about it, though.

Peter Dzwig