[Healeys] Restoring Bakelite

Heard Saxon heard at datatrontech.net
Thu Sep 13 06:45:41 MDT 2007

Not sure if this is the same stuff, but way back when, in a former life, I
used to do maintenance on dot matrix printers.  There was a liquid used for
the platens (the rubber roller for the paper) that did the same thing.  It
would remove all ink and put a nice shine on those things.  Made 'em look
very black and very new.  I don't think bakelite is rubber, though.

Can't for the life of me remember what that stuff was called.

Heard