[Healeys] Windshield to cowl gasget - BJ8

Bob Yule autofarm at cyg.net
Sun Sep 9 07:16:46 MDT 2007

    Bob, we seem to have done this job more times than I would like. On some
of the aftermarket seals, the "T" section is really too thick.  You have to
make sure the slot is open as far as it should be. Many times it has been
squeezed down to hold the seal in.  You need to pry it open all round the
curve.  Then after the seal is worked in from the middle, you need another
person to pull the seal really tight.  It can then usually be worked in
around the curve, while under tension.  When one side is in, tape it in
place untill the other side is in and then install the windshield as quickly
as possible.  You will find that the shape of the car to frame holds it all
in place.  We have been trying to find better seals for some time now, and
one of our suppliers is finally listening.  Unfortunatly this won't help you
this weekend.  Good luck!!
Cheers.......Bob
Check out our web site www.autofarm.net