[Healeys] Wind Wings

Rick Swain and Wendy Grant grain at auracom.com
Mon Sep 3 09:22:53 MDT 2007

I'd like some information please. The wind in the cockpit of my BN4
has started to bother my wife. Even if she wears her largest
sunglasses, after a drive of a couple of hours, the skin under her
eyes becomes red and itchy. The first time I thought it must be
pollen or dust in the air on that particular day but it has now
happened on several occasions over the last month and a half so it's
not likely to be something in the air. We're thinking it's from wind
being blown forward from the back of the car and coming around behind
her glasses. Somebody has suggested motorcycle goggles and we may try
that. We'll also put in the sidecurtains and see if that helps but
they tend to rattle.

I've seen photos of cars with wind wings like Moss sells and I'm
wondering if anyone on the list has experience with them. Do they
reduce the buffeting in the cockpit? Can you leave them on in colder
or rainy weather when you're using the top and sidecurtains? Any
problems with installation?

The wind blocker that goes across the cockpit behind the seats isn't
under consideration at the moment.

No, leaving my wife at home is not an option. If it weren't for her I
might not have the car.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick Swain