[Healeys] Bringing back the dead

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 20:14:00 MST 2007

Be sure to set your timing to TDC by opening the top of the dizzy and
spinning the motor to TDC or slightly BTDC and then rotate the dizzy
until the contacts just open.

Also, I would run a very light oil, or a very high detergent light oil
for about 500 miles and be very gentle on this engine not to rev it
over 3,000 rpms - you don't want to spin a bearing if ports are
clogged or old oil has caked on the bearings - old gunk needs time to
clear out before you can start racing around town.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8

On 11/1/07, RAWDAWGS at aol.com <RAWDAWGS at aol.com> wrote:
> My BN4 Longbridge has been sitting in my garage for about 15 years while I
> did the career raise kids thing and I have been trying to get it running for
> the  past week or so. I have spark, and I have gas but it isnt kicking off. I
> just  have the split headers on now, and I got a pretty impressive tongue of
> flame,but  it wont kick off. I pulled the valve cover and saw I have one stuck
> valve.  Tomorrow's shopping list is a compression gauge and some ether(do they
> still  sell that?). I passed tractor 101 back in the day. Any ideas?  Scott
.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys