[Healeys] door glass rubber glazing strips

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Oct 25 15:56:49 MDT 2007

Hello, Healeyphiles -

I'm changing the glass in the driver's door of my BJ8.  I have the new glass
and the glazing strips from Moss.  The strips came with the following note:
"This is a everseal strip to vulcanize Please put small amount of petrol rub
again the strip and leave till goes sticky."

Before I put some petrol rub again the strip and make it go sticky, I
thought I would check with someone who has done this job recently and can
help me interpret the note.
Am I supposed to rub the strip with gasoline/petrol?  If so, which side of
the strip:  the one that goes against the glass, or the side that goes into
the channel, or both?

Thanks,
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666