[Healeys] Healey Marque Article, FWIW

MBran89793 at aol.com MBran89793 at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 11:29:39 MDT 2007

FWIW
This article was of particular interest to me because of my recent
experience with a ruptured rear braided SS brake line.
To make it even more harrowing it happened on a section of Tampa, FL  where
I-4 and I-275 connect  which is known as "Mal Function  Junction."  We were
fortunate enough to have replaced the hydraulic brake  light switch with a
mechanical one that probably kept me from getting rear  ended. "Blackie" our BJ8 has
rear disc brakes so the parking brakes were totally  useless in this case. My
wife was very astonished at my calm quick reactions in  avoiding hitting the
car in front of us, veering off onto the left shoulder  (Fortunately there was
one of about 75 yards.), gear down and get the car  stopped without having a
total disaster.
After our experience I have been seriously pursuing the possibility of
installing a dual braking system.
Just wish I had taken the time and spent the additional monies last year
when "Blackie" had some cosmetic surgery and a paint job.
Just my $.02 worth but I hope you can see why I was captivated by this
article.

Marion S.  Brantley, Jr.
Tampa Bay Austin-Healey  Club