[Healeys] Water pumps

Ray Juncal healeyray at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 20:53:52 MDT 2007

Len
    At least he could read and write English!
Ray Juncal

Leonard  Hartnett <thehartnetts at earthlink.net> wrote: "...years ago..." that person behind the counter could probably look at an
item and tell you what it was and maybe even the part number and most
applications it applied to.  Today, you hand that product to the person
behind the counter and he might ask, "What is this?".  If you can't tell him
the year, make, model, and part name, he won't be able to access the
computer and therefore won't be able to help you.

I found this out when I tried to buy some spark plugs (not for the Healey).
I told him the brand and the plug number (from the owner's manual and shop
manual) that I wanted and he insisted on looking it up in the computer.  He
went to the shelves and brought back the wrong plugs.  He tried to convince
me that I was wrong and the computer correct.  Wrong response!  I insisted
he go back and get the plugs I asked for.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031