[Healeys] 62bt7

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 10 17:54:13 MDT 2007

I would urge a whole lot of caution before considering making sparks
around something that has ever contained gasoline.  There are reports
(no pun intended) of explosions of "dry, empty tanks" that someone was
grinding or brazing or welding on.  If I were going to take a cutoff
wheel to a used gas tank, I would first fill it with water.  Actually
I wouldn't do it;  I would let someone else do it.   I would bet that
the good welding shop did the same before welding the patch back in.

-Roland