[Healeys] Bj7 Mufflers

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 15:02:04 MDT 2007

As far as I can tell--from a couple "post mortems" and what
others report--mufflers for Healeys are the glass pack type
(including OEM).  This is true for Ansa, for sure, and probably
Monza and others.  I think what sounds like a broken baffle
may just be the glass packing went, well, packing.

Anyone know for certain if there are/were any "turbo" style
mufflers for Healeys, with baffling instead of glass packing?

I'm not convinced that SS is worth the money for Healeys--you're
more liable to batter the muffler to death than rust it out, the
way our cars are usually driven now (not too many used for
short trips to the Quickie Mart, I don't think).

I'm about to replace the front mufflers on my BJ8 with
generic glass packs from JC Whitless--the pipes are
OK after more than 12 years (Ansa).  You might try that
approach, if you have access to a sawzall and a wire
welder.

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net

From: "Healey List" <bj7healey at gto.net>