[Healeys] rear axle breather

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:11:16 MDT 2007

Hi Andy,
The breather tube is screwed into the axle housing but it is difficult to
remove without destroying the breather tube (at least it was for me).  If I
were you I would go ahead and order one or two from your favorite supplier
(your "best" one) and have it ready to go when the job is done.  They also
screw in kind of hard and I was afraid that I would strip the plastic threads
or break it on installation.  Just go slowly and let the plastic flex a little
and then let up on the pressure.  The top part will probably break off on
withdrawal anyway after 30- 40 years of being there.

Take care,
George Haywood
'65 bj8> From: ampole at hotmail.com> To: healeys at autox.team.net> Date: Fri, 5
Oct 2007 13:27:40 +0000> Subject: [Healeys] rear axle breather> > Guys> I have
just removed the half shafts, diff, bearings, hubs etc from my rear> axle and
would like to get it powder coated. The only thing left to remove is> the
plastic breather tube, is this screwed or pressed into the axle body?> many
thanks Andy>