[Healeys] VIN plate

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 11:41:24 MST 2007

Years ago when I was redoing a TR4A a misplaced the VIN plate and ordered a new one from Moss or VB, don't remember which, took it down to a trophy shop (engraving) to have the correct number on it.

At the time is struck me how easy it would be to "create" a car with a particular VIN if you were so inclined.  I think it is good that Clarke asks for proof of car ownership, but I think you can get at least some of the ID plates from the usual sources and I am fairly certain they don't ask for any documentation.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1