[Healeys] BJ8 Registry

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 13:25:27 MST 2007

Hi, Wayne -
The registry records only 47 cars out of the 7000 that are definitely known
to have been parted out/destroyed or otherwise no longer exist.  Such cars
are, of course, much harder to identify now than those that still do exist.
Occasionally, someone will let me know that they have a record of the VIN of
a car they parted out or sent to the junkyard in 1973, or they have engine X
or a body plate that came out of a car they junked.  Via a friend in England
who has access to the BMIHT archives, I can find out which chassis that
engine or body belonged to, and voila, another scrapped car is identified.
A whole bunch of them disappeared without a trace and will never be
identified because there was nowhere to document it and who cared anyway?

Nobody can guarantee that a scrapped car won't "live" again as long as the
I.D. plates do.  One of them sold for big bucks at Barrett-Jackson this
year.  ;^)

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry