[Healeys] Timing gear removal, now woodruff key

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Nov 17 14:14:29 MST 2007

If it is still stuck tap one end with a hammer or lightly towards the shaft,
this should bring the other end up and either loosen it to the point where
you can get it out or get a better grip with a needle nose pliers.

I know it sounds like whacking with a hammeris my solution to everything,
butin this case it will work.  If you cant get it with a pliers once you
have rasied one end up you can either work it backand forth with the light
tapping or ise a scrrewdriver or chisel between the crankshaft and the key
and once again a little tapping and it should pop out.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1