[Healeys] Timing gear removal, now woodruff key

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sat Nov 17 13:20:13 MST 2007

Well, after using a bit more elbow grease, I have the crank gear
moving. I'm afraid it seems to be reluctant to go over the outer
woodruff key, so I've had to move it back and am now trying to get
the key out. The manual's suggestion to remove it with a pair of
needlle nose pliers is not going to be the solution here! I don't
remember having any trouble getting these out when dismantling the
engine years ago, but this thing is jammed.........more suggestions?

Stephen, BJ8