[Healeys] fuel gallon marks by observation

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Mon Nov 12 21:18:45 MST 2007

Bruce & Len,

Will post the dipstick comparison on my gallery under tech tips.

http://pbase.com/stevegerow/healey_tech

Bruce, I don't think we're far off at all. Align the 2 gallon marks  and our
two sets of increments are pretty close except for the 10 gallon mark.

I'd argue you probably had a little gas in the well around the drain plug
and that accounts for the fact your 2 gallon mark is higher up than mine.
That would also be why I was able to get 13.75 in there 1" up the neck.

Of course, I'd argue mine is slightly more accurate because I started with a
bone-dry tank perfectly level with no amount of fluid in it. Also if you
were filling yours from a gas pump, I was filling mine with a measuring cup.

You could argue yours is safer because the scale runs a little higher,
providing a little margin for error.

Get a couple more measurements and we'll really have it down accurately.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA