[Healeys] BJ8 frame

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Thu Nov 8 18:25:59 MST 2007

I cannot personally comment on the product from SC made available in recent
years. I would however caution a buyer about purchasing a chassis assembly
complete with wheel arches, bulkheads, and all superstructure at arms
length. There are a lot of critical dimensional areas where all the exterior
body panels, trim pieces, etc. need to be able to fit correctly and well.
With the known variables in panel fit of one Healey to the next, it's almost
a certainy that there will be fitting issues.

I have seen and experienced chassis and superstructure assemblies that were
purchased and then the restorer had to try to struggle his way through the
fitting up of all the rest of the car after the fact. Grrrrr!!!

We have been having some really positive experiences in using Kilmartin's
basic chassis assembly, transferring all the old superstructure over to the
new chassis and replacing metal as needed. The outer body panels are present
and are repaired as needed at the same time and in this way the fit of
everything is guaranteed. True, not for the inexperienced or the faint of
heart, but a truly excellent end result.

Rich Chrysler