[Healeys] bringing back the dead (off topic)

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Nov 3 08:44:46 MST 2007

re:

" I put my finger over the #1 spark plug hone and bumped the starter
until I felt compression. "

Off topic, but I have to throw this in because several Listers have
mentioned doing this:

I knew an A&P (licensed "airframe and powerplant" mechanic) who was
doing this on an
airplane engine when somehow the engine was cranked too far, too fast on
the intake stroke.
All I saw was his massively bandaged thumb, but was told all the tissue
was ripped off his
thumb, down to the bone.

This really isn't a good practice.

bs