[Healeys] bringing back the dead

RAWDAWGS at aol.com RAWDAWGS at aol.com
Sat Nov 3 08:13:21 MST 2007

Idiot update. I filed the points and have OK (not great) spark at the  plugs,
new gas, new fuel pump, and everything is cranking but not catching. I  put
my finger over the #1 spark plug hone and bumped the starter until I felt
compression. Dd it until I felt I was at TDC #1, and low and behold there was a
mark on the pulley that lined up with the pointer. I pulled the cap and the
rotor was 180 degrees from the #1 lead. I thoughtAha! I pulled the distrib to
paint the engine and must have put it back in backwards, but have come to  find
 the distributor only goes in one way. Whats up with that? I   think I am off
180 degrees but the car ran when parked 20 years ago and I never  touched the
engine (except as mentioned above). I think I am missing  something.