[Healeys] 100 engine rebuld questions crank float bearing cap gaskets

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Jun 30 10:48:38 MDT 2007

The subject refers to the AH 100 not 100 questions, though we may near
that number by the time I am done.  I have finally gotten my motor
back from the machinist and it is time to put it back together here
are the first two in what may end up as a series of questions.

1.  The two main bearing end caps on both ends of the motor have a
seal about the size of a straw though solid (round dowel shaped) I do
not have these in my gasket kit, are they available separately
anywhere or is there some generic substitute that may be used?  They
are listed on the parts list as felt, but my old ones (broken, not
reusable) are cork.

2. What is the best way to measure crank float or end play, feeler
guage at the thrust washer on the center main bearing?

Thanks in advance

Greg Lemon
54 BN1