[Healeys] gear lever

James Shope healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Fri Jun 29 23:14:56 MDT 2007

in the process of putting the bn6 back together, have run into a few problems
i need help with.  this is my first experience with side shifters so have no
knowledge to fall back on.  the gear lever becomes unmovable when tightened
down fully.  added another spacer but still not right.  checked the picture on
page 52 of moss catalogue and it shows a "distance piece" number 109.  i have
none of these on my trans.  what are they, a nut, a sleeve, a bushing, etc?
what is composition and inside and outside diameter?   ten bucks apiece seems
pricey.  perhaps i can fabricate one on my lathe.   also,  where in the
archives can i find info on how to put the rubber into my newly chromed
windshield bracket?    all i can access is june of 2007.   and finally, does
the guy that used to redo the horns still do that.  i have his address but no
email address.    TIA    healeymanjim