[Healeys] Windscreen wiper thingies

Ph.J.Aeckerlin j.aeckerlin at tiscali.nl
Mon Jun 25 01:34:34 MDT 2007

Friends,
After 6 years of struggle it looks like my BJ8 will be on the road soon.
Wednesday next I will be transporting my beauty to a test shop where my
carburetors and (123) ignition will be fine tuned on a test bed, and
when that's finished I'll have to make an appointment with one of our
State technical Stations to have the vehicle thoroughly tested. That's
going to be some fun as the testing rules of 1964 will apply - and I
have a good chance that the inspector doing the job wasn't even born
then! When the car passes the tests (and I have no reason to fear it
won't pass) I'll get a license plate, and with the license I can get
insurance, and then ........!
There is only one thing making that I can't pass the test now, and that
are my windscreen wipers. When I purchased the wreck 6 years ago I
didn't notice that the odd 50 jam jars, boxes and bags did not contain
the two circular, grooved bushings that fit on the wheelbox shaft and
onto which the wipers are pushed.
Is there anyone out there in Healeyland who can help me out with these
two small items? I'll  pay the costs., if any, of course.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432