[Healeys] 100 Sighting

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.com
Tue Jul 31 13:08:41 MDT 2007

> Last time I heard, Indian went out of business again!
> Bill BJ7
>
>> Kinda makes one wonder how "Indian" is still a motorcycle!?!?!? (mused insptwo)
They had gone out of business again in 2003, but according to the Indian
Motorcycle website (http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/) the guys who
revived Chris-Craft are taking a run at it with plans to release a 2008
model.

 From a PC perspective, it seems that the term "Indian" is used without
shame or anger by many if not most American Indian nations -- so I don't
think we have to give up the word to the language police. I have to
admit I'd used "Native American" for years but switched back to
"American Indian" after helping a friend with his reproductions of
Curtis prints from the early 1900's (http://www.curtisprints.net/, NFI).
I found that Native Americans referred to themselves as American
Indians, so I figured I ought to do the same.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2 etc.