[Healeys] Lucas starter numbers

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:09:58 MDT 2007

Hi Gordy
I posted the same question a year ago (never got an answer-must be one of
the few times!), when I bidded on a recon starter on ebay, I got a copy of
the Lucas catlogues to find the Bj8 starter is a 25578B and the only
difference between the earlier 25521 is that there is a cover on the end
shaft (have to remove if it jams to allow to put a wrench on to turn), but I
cant remember which has the cover and which doesnt! all other parts were
identical.
Andy