[Healeys] HD8 vacuum port

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:54:04 MDT 2007

Tom -

The vacuum port on all SU carbs is before the throttle butterfly valve.
That means when the engine is at idle, the throttle is closed, and
thus little or no air is going by the vacuum port.  That's why there is no
vacuum here.  You will only get vacuum at this vacuum port when there is
high speed air flow through the carb.

This is confusing even for me from time to time!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8