[Healeys] Messages too Big for List

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 12:14:23 MDT 2007

Hi Rich,

Good question ....

I did not know about the 3k limit either - nor do I
know how to limit a message to 3k other than to guess
at about 40 lines max.

To me the 'list' is a bit of a black box - great when
it is working, but a bear when anything unexpected
happens.

But i spend zero time reading manuals and rules and
the like, so I am not a good advisor here.

Robert.

--- Rich C <richchrysler at quickclic.net> wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> Twice in the last week or so I've posted answers to
> specific questions asked
> on this list that I've been automatically informed
> by the moderator are too
> big for the list. Rather than just answering the
> person privately, I've sent
> it to the list as well when it contained info all
> (or at least many) might
> wish to read.
> I can understand and appreciate the fact that
> messages need to be edited,
> trimmed down as much as possible, etc. but sometimes
> these answers need
> appropriate explanations or descriptions.
>
> My most recent reply to Bill Barnett apparently was
> 4294 bytes where the list
> won't allow more than 3Kb.
>
> I never got these messages before the list was
> recently revamped. Was this a
> change of policy implemented at the same time?
>
> Don't want to rock the boat, just asking.
>
> Rich Chrysler

                        Robert Blair
rnbmail at yahoo.com
Cell: 408-221-5244

  If this email message has been received by you in error, please contact the sender asap - Thank You.