[Healeys] Front wheel bearings

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 07:23:05 MDT 2007

I am going to be rebuilding my front suspension in a few weeks so I have been
following this topic with particular interest. I am inclined to reinstall the
shims & spacer, but I would really like to know what purpose they serve. I am
not convinced by the "increased pillar" theory. If the original purpose was
to make the stub axle stronger there sure would have been better (cheeper, less
labor, stronger) ways of accomplishing this. By the way, not all British cars
use spacers. Triumphs don't.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 7/23/2007 8:00:09 PM Central Daylight Time,