[Healeys] Front wheel bearings

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Mon Jul 23 18:24:45 MDT 2007

Hi Keith,
This has been a point of contention for many years on this list.
I maintain that the spacer and bearing inner races increase the diameter of
the "pillar" which is the stub axle and Steve Byers thinks this is a load of
"Cods Wallop".
This is a discussion which could go on for years, but I'm installing the
shims and spacers on my cars because I've seen too many cracked stub axles.

Michael Salter
100S (1955)
3000 Mk111(1965)
100 (1953)