[Healeys] Non Standard Colours

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Jul 22 21:02:16 MDT 2007

During the "normal" production situation, the car bodies were assembled for
complete body panel fit, then painted in the usual available production
colours on a paint line at Jensen Bros.

What was done at Warwick would have been a "special order" which in the big
picture did not happen very often. And, as you proved out, these occasions
were documented as such. Therefore, when we Concours judges are about to
commence judging a car, we first ask the owner if he/she can tell us
anything different or unique about this particular car. In this case, it
would be absolutely a perfect case to bring out the Heritage certificate
stating same, and it would most certainly be allowed without deduction.

An interesting thing about this car being despatched to Warwick in
"undercoat" meaning a primer only. Was the car missing the outer paint
colour in most of the inner areas? Warwick would not likely have rceived a
bare shell to finish, but probably a partially built car, therefore they
wouldn't /couldn't paint the complete inner structure which would have
already had mechanical and trim bits installed before it got there.

Automotive history and archaeology again, eh?

Rich Chrysler