[Healeys] rear fenders

Dave & M rusd at sitestar.net
Tue Jul 17 19:48:36 MDT 2007

You're right. I read that the Healey body panels were not very
accurate when they were made. Assembly consisted of workers going to a
pile of front fenders, trying various ones for best fit & installing
it. Same with all other body panels. I guess if none fit, they
reworked as necessary.

Since no two cars or panels were the same you really couldn't expect a
"standard" panel from Kilmartin or anyone else to fit.

As others said, you're probably better off to salvage your old panels.
Kilmartin & others DO make panel repair sections so that you can just
cut off the bad parts & weld in new sections.

Go here to see what panel repair/fitting is all about:
http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/page1.html

Regards,
Dave Russell